Baby Photography Hints & Tips
We often see beautiful baby photo’s taken at home that when combined with a border, make fantastic and professional looking photo cards. However we also get asked about how to take a good photo of a young baby, a job that isn’t an easy one at the best of times. To help you out, we’ve put together the following hints and tips on how to take a fantastic, professional baby photo at home.
It’s easy to set up a simple home-made photo studio right in
your house, and doing a ‘photo shoot’ for your baby thank you or birth
Set up your camera
- Turn the date stamp OFF - dates can ruin a great photo
- Set the camera to the highest resolution, so images are a good quality for printing. We recommend
using images at least 500 kb in size
- Make sure the battery is fully charged
- Start with a clear memory stick so you can take plenty of photos!
Set up your photo studio
- Do it in the day time so you have plenty of natural light, open your curtains, use non-florescent lights
if necessary (lamps)
- Place a solid coloured sheet or blanket on the floor (white is great)
- If your floor is hard, put an additional soft blanket on the floor first, then place your solid coloured
blanket on top so the baby is comfortable
- Look through your camera at the blanket, make sure you can't see furniture, toys or any clutter
that may be seen in a photo
Get your baby ready- First and foremost, choose an appropriate time for the baby photo shoot: babies tend to be in a
better mood after a feeding or nap
- Plain clothes make the best choice for photos, patterns and strong colours can be distracting.
Straight out of a bath with a white towel can be a nice simple option
- Make sure your babies face is clean, doesn't have quite the same look seeing a beautiful baby
with a boogie!
- If your baby gets fussy, take a break and try again in a few hours
Take the pictures!
- Get above the baby and point your camera downwards
- Make sure the only things you can see in the shot are the baby and the blanket, avoid
cluttering the photo with lots of stuff (although a favourite toy can be nice)
- Take lots of pictures - that way you can keep the great one's and delete the others
YOU CAN DO IT!!!
|DO !||DON'T !|
|Place your baby on a plain background||Avoid patterns and backgrounds that can take away from your babies sweet face|